Ford Differentials How to Rebuild the 8.8 and 9 Inch
The Ford 8.8-inch axle has the same ring gear mounting distance (see Chapter 7) for all ratios, just like the 9-inch. So again, unlike the GM and Dana axles that require a unique differential with different ratios, the Ford 8.8-inch differential is common across all of the ring-and-pinion ratios. There is a ton of aftermarket support for this axle (see Chapters 3 and 4 for more details).... According to Kevinstang.com, Ford 8 and 9-inch rear ends are removable carrier units and have no inspection cover. The back of these units have a smooth hump with no bolts. The back of these units have a smooth hump with no bolts.
how to find gear ratio on 9in rear end Ford Truck
17/05/2013 · In the case of a Ford, and being that yours is a '71, IF you were lucky enough to have a locking differential in a 9-inch rear end, it would be a Traction-Lok. Through 1968, the Ford locking differential would have been known as the Ford Limited-Slip. Beginning in 1969, Ford redesigned the locking differential to the much better Traction-Lok differential.... For over half a century, the Ford 9-inch rearend has been the king of aftermarket axle upgrades. Few other axles enjoy the same amount of bolt-on and custom componentry. The Ford 9-inch is a great
Mustang Rear Axle Reference How-To Library Ford First
63-77 Lincoln, LTD, Thunderbirds had 9-3/8 inch centers, housings were cut away at the gasket surface for ring gear clearance, one curved rib at the front top portion of differential, strong but no gears. how to teach critical thinking in reading Listed are the expected RPM's at 60 MPH with a given rear end ratio and tire height. This chart applies to all Ford non-overdirve transmissions, manual and automatic. Power is transmitted from the transmission to rear end 1:1 in high gear.
how to determine rear end is Posi or not Hot Rod Forum
AutoAnything Gear Ratio Calculator Huge tires look awesome on your big rig, but monster mudders change your truck’s gearing, killing acceleration and draining precious MPGs. But there’s hope, swapping in ring and pinion gears with a higher numerical ratio compensates for your mods. how to tell if my ac has dry mode Like the 9-inch, the Ford 8-inch is a third-member type assembly, with a "drop out" center section consisting of the differential and its carrier. The 8-inch uses axles with 28 splines, which is the same as the standard-duty 9-inch, so it has a fair amount of strength. The 8-inch is also easy to take apart when service is needed or when you want to change ratios.
How long can it take?
Ford 8-in. differential carriers An ''on a budget
- How do I Identify a Ford Differential? It Still Runs
- East Coast Gear Supply Ford 9 inch
- FORD NINE INCH DIFFERENTIAL GEAR SETS MOST RATIOS
How To Tell Gear Ratio Ford 9 Inch
Below are 2 tables showing the codes from the tag on a ford rearend the code will tell you if it is a 8 or 9 inch and what ratio is supposed to be in the carrier [ 8 inch 9 inch ] 8 inch ID tag numbers
- 21/10/2003 · Originally posted by tm454 First CK out your gear ratio and then get back to us. I tried to explain to the Troll with the imaginary Boss Stang he needed to CK his gear ratio and post back but I don't expect to hear from him.
- How to re-gear a Ford 9 inch differential. For the beginner. Edited for Adsense approval How to tell the difference between a Ford 9 inch and an 8 inch rear end/differential - Part 2.
- 12/11/2006 · 1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks - how to find gear ratio on 9in rear end - HIgh, I would like to know how to find out what the ratio on my 9 differential is. Do I count the teeth on the ring gear and pinon and do some math or is it stamped somwhere. Previous owner does not know. 53 f100. Also, if I want...
- Ford 9 Inch Ford Third Members - On Line Catalog Metro Auto Parts Market: Ford Rear End Catalog: 9 Inch Ford Third Members Assembled with new Timken bearings & Yukon Gear ring and pinion. - Product Details. How To Measure - Help in determining yoke width, height and number of axle splines: Warranty and Install Info - Our warranty, installation and break-in instructions. Selecting a Ratio